Sonntag, 3. Juni 2012

Quilting Bee

When I started to look for quilting tutorials on the internet I soon stumbled upon virtual quilting bees. It's such a great idea to work together and meet new people all around the world! If you're interested in quilting bees you can find a very good summary by Elizabeth Hartman here.
I found my first bee over the flickr group mentioned in Elizabeth' post.
It's called sew.quilt.give . As you might guess by the name it's a charity bee. The finished quilts will be given to homeless women with children in a shelter.
Jennifer, who organized this bee, was the first to host a month. She asked for a disappearing nine patch.
These are mine:
Block for girls

Block for boys









They were far more easy than they look. So much fun!
I also finally came around to sew the kitchen curtains I had planned since easter...



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

I'd like to hear from you